- Birth Options Consultation
- Birth Planner
- Find a Provider
- Classes and Events
- Join BirthLink
- Promote Birth Education
for more information or to
schedule a consultation.
Birth Options Consultation
Jo Anne Lindberg, president and founder of BirthLink, offers private consultation for couples. You may ask why you might need that? Many parents realize that there is a great deal to learn. Most start their journey during pregnancy and have nine months or less to educate themselves. Client-focused guidance and direction ensure the quality of care you receive by helping you make informed decisions.
Even considering having a child is an act of parenting. After conception the impending birth becomes more real. Determining where and with whom to give birth are parenting decisions. Making these decisions together, as a couple, is an opportunity to begin bonding. Having a consultation is an enjoyable way to explore your many options.
Who you choose as a primary care practitioner and where you deliver will have a significant impact on your experience. With many years of experience in the Chicago birth community, Jo Anne knows many of the practitioners personally. She is also aware of their practice philosophies, including the culture and political climate of hospitals. Regardless of where you live, Jo Anne can assist you in your decision-making process and connecting with your local birth community.
There are many factors that influence what kind of birth you will have. While it is impossible to control the birth process, Jo Anne can assist you in having a more positive experience by choosing the best possible match. Finding practitioners that you can trust is a critical part of the consultation. Information you gather will give you confidence in selecting a provider that is right for you. During a consultation you will feel comfortable and have ample time to ask all of your questions. Not sure what kinds of questions to ask? Visit our FAQ section to find examples of some of the many questions that you will want to ask.
This comprehensive consultation will guide you through the entire birth process and beyond. Our goal is for parents to have a happier, healthier birth experience. With c-section rates at 30% nationally, and some local hospitals higher, this is just one reason why parents need to educate themselves.
Parenting begins the instant a couple realizes they are pregnant. She can help you decide if a consultation is right for you by calling 847-733-8050 or click here to email. Skype is available for consultations.
Jo Anne Lindberg in the News
Ms. Lindberg has been featured in articles from several publications including:
- Yoga Chicago: Giving Birth Mindfully
by Jo Anne Lindberg (Jan/Feb 07)
- Mothering Magazine: Caretakers of Homebirth
by Wendy Correa (May/June 2002)
- The Nikkei - The Japanese Wall Street Journal: Homebirth
by Yoko Noge-Dean (April 7, 2002) 3 million subscribers world wide
- North Shore Magazine: They Deliver; A Guide to More Than 30 Home Services
by Peter Gianopulos (February 2002)
- Chicago Social (CS): Breathe Easy
by C.A. Killmaster (June 2001)
- Chicago Parent's Chicago Baby: The Age-Old Art of Doulas
by Pamela Hays (Fall 2001)
- WebMD™ Medical News: Bringing Out Baby. . . At Home
by Laurie Barclay (June 2001)
- Parent's Concern Newsletter: Emulsion on Paper
by Hannah Maximova (July 2000)
- Midwifery Today: Building a Better Birth Community
by Betsy Schwartz (Winter 2000 Number 56)
- Expectant Mother’s Guide to Chicago: Beyond the Birth Plan
by Jo Anne Lindberg (1999 - 2000 Number 21)
- American Whole Health Inc. Newsletter: Our Journey Into Parenthood
by Jo Anne Lindberg (Fall 1999)
- Conscious Choice: Pampered Pregnancies; Top Holistic Health Treatments for Chicago's Expectant Mothers
by Darlene E. Paris (September 1999)
- Expectant Mother’s Guide to Chicago: The Doula - A Wonderful Gift
by Jo Anne Lindberg (1998 - 1999 Number 29)